Jump to: Education CGI
email: bstoked at g m a i l.com
Programming: UNIX, Linux, HPUX, Irix, Windows 98/2000/XP, Mac OS;
PERL, MEL, Python, C shell, Java, C/C++; MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server
Graphics: Maya, MotionBuilder, Shake, Photoshop, Flash
General: Technical Writing, Training, Project
Office: MS Office, MS SQL Server, FrameMaker;
Shopzilla, Inc. 2007-2009
- Maintained and extended Internet music database and webservice (Apache / mod_perl).
- Back-end support for International Agile team.
- Responsible for re-launch of UK and DE Napster sites.
- Designed Internationalization tool, in Perl Catalyst & Moose.
Affiliate Fuel, Inc. / Experian (consulting via Xtivia) 2006-2007
- Maintained, enhanced and troubleshooted large-scale Internet sales search engine and consumer-site (Apache mod_perl).
- Core member of International Agile team.
- Responsible for co-brand launches in other countries (United Kingdom, France, Germany).
- Wrote content layout rules in SQL (Sybase & Oracle).
- Wrote banner ad configuration tool in Python Pylons / SQL Alchemy.
Sr. Perl Programmer
Sony Pictures Imageworks, Inc. 2003-2006
- Added functionality to legacy CGI tool suite.
- Wrote new tools and added much-needed security reinforcements.
Associate Character Pipeline TD (Technical Animator)
Sr. Production Services Technician
- Member of pipeline team, responsible for building brand new reference-based pipeline for Beowulf.
- Wrote geometry & shader import/export, documentation, and other tools with custom interfaces in MEL and python.
- Enhanced and maintained separate pipeline for the motion capture tracking group, written in Perl, python, shell script, and Diva.
Moonlight Systems, Inc 2000-2002
- Worked on feature films including Spider-man 2, The Forgotten, Christmas with the Cranks, Monster House, Bewitched and Open Season, Sony Pictures' first all-CGI cartoon.
- Wrote Perl and shell scripts to automate render management, image conversion, and disk management.
- Managed film outs, vendor shots, data restores via a tape robot, and a giant render queue, with often extreme time pressure.
- Troubleshooted render jobs from compositing, lighting, simulation and animation renders.
- Set up and "drove" visual presentations (dailies) for FX Supervisors, Industry Executives, and crew.
Third Voice, Inc 1999-2000
- Co-wrote Windows port of a Enterprise software management & auditing system, written in PERL.
- Developed an automated Windows-based software deployment system
- Wrote documentation
- Trained clients on-site, developing customized solutions to their needs.
Internet Profiles, Inc (Engage/Ipro) 1996-1999
- Wrote PERL-based link verification system, using MS SQL Server 2000.
- Wrote Web spiders to comb web pages for content system back-end.
- Wrote content pre-processing scripts, for classification and cleaning.
- Managed intranet, developing dynamic charts for Marketing.
Sr. Data Manager
- Responsible for custom processing and research of Internet clients
(approximately 6% of company revenue)
- Wrote management and processing scripts in Python & PERL
BioVision, Inc 1996
- Managed up to half a Terabyte of Web Log data a month for up to 17 clients, including ESPN, GeoCities, thestreet.com, USA Today, Yahoo!, and Starwave
- Wrote data filters in PERL to clean, and pre-process data
- Wrote resource management scripts
protozoa, Inc 1995
- Used Vicon™ motion capture software to identify human body parts within data cloud.
- Cleaned motion capture data for use in proprietary animation software.
Performance Animator / Character TD
- Wired real-time CG puppets using proprietary ALIVE™ software.
- Wrote expressions for tail-wagging, eye-lid, body, time-delays and control via optical joysticks, Polhemus™ sensors, and optical sliders.
- Responsible for a 10-second animated short every week.
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 1993
BA in Communications, BAS in Computer Science GPA 3.2
Academy of Art College
San Francisco State Multimedia Extension
Flash I, Video Production, Creating an Animated Series for Television
BAVC / Goodwill
Intro to Digital Media (formerly Weblink)
Awards / Distinctions:
Puppeteers of America Youth Scholarship, 1993
"Best Comedy" Region 3 for LifeFormz, Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Colege TV Awards, 1994
Henson Muppet Auditions 1999